Shoulder injury

• 3 Replies

Unknown

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Shoulder injury
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:19:56 AM »
Currently I am battling a bad shoulder.  Not an injury due to recent trauma.  Injury from torn labrum 20 years ago.  Overall had successful surgery.  Over the years beating on it the shoulder have taken a toll.  Cartilage has been deteriorating year after year to the point where I am in pain almost every day but not excruciating.  Looking for alternatives to replacement.  Still too young for that.  Injections take away the pain but dont solve the problem.  Anyone have advice or experience with ghjs type of issue?  

Demigod

• +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Shoulder injury
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »
You ever get anything figured out bro?  My right shoulder gets sore whenever I lift heavy for a spell. Like 5 reps or less heavy...years of abuse I figure. 

Unknown

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
Well... sorry for the late reply.  I did get a doc to loom at it.  Been in and out of the docs office for years and the last time I spoke with a doc who basically said surgery is a no-go if I want to keep active and still lift etc.  The surgery required for what I have (lack of cartilage) is basically going to limit my activity.  So, he said if I can go with cortisone injections and take the pain... go ahead and beat it up and do whatever I want.  He can fix it later when I am older and cant take it anymore or older and dont need to be active anymore. Now that just means to me, how mu can I take and for how long... so fuck it.. been years now with pain.  He did say that getting dome flexibility back in the joint will help the pain so I am stretching now.  All in all, shots every 4 months, do what I can, lift however I want as long as I can take it, worry about it when I am ready to call it quits. So FUCK IT! 

Unknown

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »
Demigod, years of abuse sounds all too familiar.  Same as mine. Damage, abuse, damage, abuse etc etc.  Cortisone shots help temporarily. 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:

Sitemap